- Experience – 30 years in interior design including at Yellow, the company I created 18 years ago. After an Interior Design apprenticeship I worked as senior designer for companies in Southampton, Bournemouth and London. Specialising in contract interiors, I worked with a variety of clients across all sectors including the MOD, Thomas Cook, Interserve Defence, Beretta, Pru Health, and many smaller organisations. I also formed a second business – Space Qube –which specialises in anything to do with Pop-up shops. I have a diploma in Marketing.
- Favourite colour – Yellow of course, but not to wear!
- Hobbies & activities: Cooking, architecture, jewellery making, jewellery buying, local produce, arts and crafts, F1 (watching not taking part), yoga, walking, cycling
- Marmite? love it!
- Tea or Coffee? Tea, with milk & one sugar (I know, it’s bad for me). Fairly strong, Pantone 7511C
- Pets? Two Burmese cats. One large neurotic male called Doolittle and one small unpredictable female with long claws called Jessabel.
- Favourite holiday: Barcelona and Las Vegas – amazing architecture and design in both locations yet so different
- Experience – 8 years of interior design
- 4.5 years working at Ken Freivokh Design, an internationally renowned superyacht design studio. Responsible for the creation of interior schemes, with the specification and scheduling of fabrics, furnishings, finishes, lighting and ironmongery on both production yachts and bespoke superyachts. Also high-end residential projects.
- 3 years working for Etre, working on a variety of commercial projects such as bars, hotels, restaurants and show homes.
- Town Planning background – Prior to my Interior Design career, I worked in the town planning profession for both public and private organisations for 6 years.
- Favourite colour: Turquoise
- Hobbies & activities: DIY, upholstery, furniture restoration, garden design and anything practical (wannabe plumber!). Very few activities (I try to live a sedentary lifestyle), but occasionally stand-up paddle boarding, snowboarding and kayaking
- Marmite? – Strangely indifferent to it...
- Tea or Coffee? - Tea, with milk & no sugar, fairly strong, Pantone reference 7411c
- Pets? A rather fluffy and slightly neurotic Siberian cat called Luna
- Favourite Holiday? A trip to Zakynthos where we hired a jeep and explored the island, watched beautiful sunsets, saw sea turtles nesting, and drank the best ever Mojitos...